WAEA is going virtual for our Conference!
Over 200 people responded to our quick survey last week (completed May 21). Thank you all for your quick response! After analyzing your responses, we made a number of decisions on May 22 (see the newsletter for full details). Here are some highlights:
- First and foremost there is sufficient interest that we are moving forward with a virtual conference.
- We are moving to a 3 day format with four or so time slots per day (rather than day and a half in-person format).
- Dates for meeting will be June 29, 30, and July 1.
- The business council meeting will be moved to Friday, June 26 to avoid weekend zoom meeting.
- Expecting that there will be some drop out of selected papers that we need to address in setting up sessions, we ask all presenters that want to be considered in the schedule to be registered by no later than June 12 (here is the registration link). Please register ASAP: https://pheedloop.com/register/2020westernagecassocconference/attendee/
- On June 15, all presenters that have registered will be organized into sessions. Any presenters who have not registered by June 15 will not be on the program.
- We will record plenary sessions, Covid 19 related topic sessions, organized symposia, and awards session and make available for longer period of time (i.e., they will be live, recorded and then available for later viewing or download by registrants).
Registration fee is set at $45/person (same fee for everyone to cover platform, tech support, and honorarium costs), plus a transaction fee of $0.85/person (total = $45.85/person).
Our event website for the conference can be found at the following:
Content will be added and organized into sessions after presenters register by close of business on June 12.
Thank you for all of your responses and guidance! I look forward to interacting with you at our virtual conference.