Moving Agricultural Policy Forward: Or, There and Back Again, Eric Belasco
The Threat to Multilateralism: What Impact on Agricultural Trade?, Ian Sheldon, PhD, Ohio State University.
*All times Mountain Time Zone
Not specifically. When viewing a session there is no need to use the Zoom app or login to Zoom.
A zoom meeting will automatically be embedded into the session and you will have ability to: mute/unmute yourself, start/stop video and share screen.
A chat interface will be in each session for any questions.
Sessions were created in Mountain Time Zone. However, when logged into the conference
the session times should change to the time zone of your web browser. For example, if you are in California the starting 9am mountain time session should show 8am for you.
When logged in the "account" tab settings will show what time zone you are seeing.
Please ensure you are using Google Chrome web browser. Screen sharing will not work in Safari.
You will be able to speak and share screen directly inside the session. The moderator should introduce the presenter and then you will unmute and share screen/app with the same controls you normally see in a zoom session. When finished click "stop share".
Each session will have a host manager on the backend zoom session to make sure attendees not presenting stay muted.
When the session begins the assigned session moderator will be spotlighted and unmuted.
Yes, Clicking the "+" icon in the session filter list will add that session to your "Personal Schedule" filter.
No. Pheedloop recommends the Google Chrome web browser(required for screen sharing) for the best experience.
Also, please use a laptop or desktop computer as mobile phone and tablets will not provide the best experience.
If you will be speaking or presenting please ensure your microphone and camera are setup just as you would a normal video conference(zoom, skype, facetime, etc.)
- The Zoom Web SDK inside the session does not have all the same user features as the normal Zoom application.
- You need to use Google Chrome Web Browser for "Sceen sharing" function
- Only the Spotlighted video will be shown on the screen. You will not see little boxes of all attendees.
- Normal zoom chat will not be there. Pheedloop has it's own chat function within each session(to the right of the video)
- If we experience any issues we may post the actual zoom meeting link in the session description if you need to participate directly within the zoom app(although this isn't the purpose of the pheedloop platform)
Yes, The "Networking" tab will allow you to start a chat/private message conversation with other conference attendees.
Yes, click the fullscreen toggle in upper right corner of the video.
In Mac system settings->Security and Privacy, you might need to give Google chrome browser "screen recording" permissions in order to share your screen. See screenshot:
WAEA is going virtual for our Conference!
Over 200 people responded to our quick survey last week (completed May 21). Thank you all for your quick response! After analyzing your responses, we made a number of decisions on May 22 (see the newsletter for full details). Here are some highlights:
- First and foremost there is sufficient interest that we are moving forward with a virtual conference.
- We are moving to a 3 day format with four or so time slots per day (rather than day and a half in-person format).
- Dates for meeting will be June 29, 30, and July 1.
- The business council meeting will be moved to Friday, June 26 to avoid weekend zoom meeting.
- Expecting that there will be some drop out of selected papers that we need to address in setting up sessions, we ask all presenters that want to be considered in the schedule to be registered by no later than June 12 (here is the registration link). Please register ASAP: https://pheedloop.com/register/2020westernagecassocconference/attendee/
- On June 15, all presenters that have registered will be organized into sessions. Any presenters who have not registered by June 15 will not be on the program.
- We will record plenary sessions, Covid 19 related topic sessions, organized symposia, and awards session and make available for longer period of time (i.e., they will be live, recorded and then available for later viewing or download by registrants).
Registration fee is set at $45/person (same fee for everyone to cover platform, tech support, and honorarium costs), plus a transaction fee of $0.85/person (total = $45.85/person).
Our event website for the conference can be found at the following:
Content will be added and organized into sessions after presenters register by close of business on June 12.
The Login Page for the live conference can be found here:
Thank you for all of your responses and guidance! I look forward to interacting with you at our virtual conference.